TMZ captured the Smiths as they stopped for a bite to eat at Nobu in Malibu. According to the outlet, the couple looked relaxed and happy.
The news arrives a few weeks after Will Smith took to social media to discuss the slap heard around the world for the first time since sharing his initial apology statement back in March.
“Um, I was fogged out by that point,” he said about the slap. “It’s all fuzzy. I’ve reached out to Chris and the message that came back is that he’s not ready to talk and when he is, he will reach out. So I will say to you, Chris, I apologise to you. My behavior was unacceptable and I’m here whenever you’re ready to talk. “
* Will Smith slap: Jada Pinkett Smith ‘wishes he didn’t do it’
* Amy Schumer reflects on Will Smith’s ‘really upsetting’ Oscars slap at comedy show
* ‘I’m still kinda processing what happened’: Chris Rock makes first comment on Will Smith slap
* Chris Rock spotted out in public for the first time since Will Smith Oscars slap
* The misguided chivalry of Will Smith at the Oscars
Will added, “There is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment. There’s no part of me that thinks that’s the optimal way to handle a feeling of disrespect, or insults. “
Smith went on to apologise to Rock’s mom and family (including Tony Rock), saying he didn’t realize “how many people got hurt” by the moment.